A key component of Oracle Procurement Cloud, Oracle Purchasing Cloud enables you to streamline and automate the procure-to-pay process while enforcing negotiated pricing and terms and ensuring policy compliance.
Oracle Purchasing makes your buyers even more productive by taking them out of repetitive transactions entirely with “touch-less” buying. The need for goods or services can be initiated in many ways in your enterprise: from a planning system, a maintenance application, an employee requisitioning application, etc. Oracle Purchasing lets you establish sourcing rules to automatically determine how to handle this incoming demand.
Using these configured rules based on the defined company supply policies, the application processes the demand requirements, determines the correct allocation to one or more suppliers, and creates purchase orders without any buyer intervention. The newly created purchase orders flow through approvals and if needed, budget checks to enforce compliance. The procurement documents are then delivered to suppliers via fax, email, XML, EDI or the Oracle Supplier Network. Exceptions are sent to the appropriate person for resolution using workflow, allowing reporting of exceptions, and measurement of responsiveness. So you retain complete control of automated buying while freeing your buyers from repetitive tasks.
• Streamline procurement processes
• Enforce procurement policies
• Create purchase orders from requisition without manual intervention
• Automatically leverage negotiated pricing and terms from supplier agreements
• Efficiently manage document revisions with visual notifications and full change history
• Buyer work area
• Robust change management
• Center-driven procurement
• Comprehensive lifecycle visibility
• Support for centralized, decentralized and hybrid procurement organizations
• Foreign currencies
• Multiple languages
• Global agreements
• Streamlined order processing
• Control approvals by amount, business unit, account segment, item, category and location